Friday, January 3, 2014

I am asking for something I never had asked for before

If you do not know the name Gordon Zacks "Benjamin Ben Bluma", (look him up) he has been a one in a million kinda of guy,(maybe one in 5 Million)  a staunch supporter of Israel and American Jewish Life throughout  his life. He has given generously and founded and funded The Melton School, among other things, He also served as Ronald Regan and George Bush special advisers to Israel.  His book "Defining Moments", is a must read. He was featured in the book the Prime Ministers, and was the only one  PM Menachem Begin meet with after the historic Sadat meeting that evening. he has devoted his entire life to the Jewish religion and causes.  While I got to know him recently he took my son Noah under his wings.  As sick as he is with days on this earth he took the time to call my son yesterday and ask about something Noah and him were working on, and to encouraged Noah on his current path.

Gordon is committed to young Jewish leadership more than anyone I have ever meet. I could go all day about this man and how the Jewish people received him as a gift. He is without question a hero and one that cannot easily be replaced, he has been at the forefront of American Jewish Life and Israel for the past 60 years. He has devoted his entire life to the Jewish people in the most unselfish manner.

This great man's time on earth is numbered in hours or days, maybe a week or two, with prayers maybe longer and there is nothing that any man can do, but what I am asking is that we all say a prayer for him and not only that, we get others do to the same. Please forward or write your own email send it you your fellow Rabbi's and congregants. I can think of no better thank you to this hero, than to have thousands of people praying for him at this time.

I think after a life time of giving to our people he would take great comfort in the prayers of others for him, I want to get word to him what was done. So if I could  ask, please let me know if you partisipated and at what level, so I can try to get word to him. More important, please try to get as many people all over the world to say a prayer for him.

May we only have good news in the days ahead and may his work fighting for a strong Israel and Jewish leadership be realized.


Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment